Tuesday, August 2, 2011

me, myself, and peta2

Hey

    So I started this account a few months ago and was going to make it a blog about my personal in depth beliefs on different animal rights issues.  Two blog posts later and I decided I didn't want to do that anymore.  So now I am going to be doing something more fun.  Far far blog will be more like your usual blog.  It will basically be about the hippie part of me.  So I will be blogging about my favorite products, companies, and organizations that are either vegetarian, animal, human, and or earth friendly.  From time to time I might add in the negatives that people who care about humans, animals, and or the earth should know about and help spread the word about but I am going to try to keep this more of an optimistic blog.  There also might occasionally be blogs on other things such as daily happenings or some of my other interests sprinkled in.

    I think I am going to try and keep most of my blog entries short yet at least somewhat informative.  For now I am not going to keep myself on a schedule about when I have to blog or how often or anything like that.  I don't want to keep this as just an introductory blog so I am going to try and jump right into some actual blogging.

    PETA, I'm sure if you are reading my blog chances are you already know of this organization.  They are a very controversial well know organization that supports animal rights.  I know some of you other hippie's might not care for them but personally I love PETA and everything they do especially when it comes to just spreading the word about animal rights.  But the first thing I really want to blog about is peta2, I really love peta2 likely because I am only 19.

PETA2.com


    Peta2 is a branch off of PETA they still do the same great work but they work more through bands, actors, actresses, athletes, schools and colleges to get the word out to teens and young adults.  If you haven't already I suggest all of you teen animal lovers go and sign up for the peta2 street team.  It is free and as a member of the street team you can talk on the peta2 boards with other teens like yourself and for doing things to support animal rights you can earn points that gets you cool "street team goods". [animal rights merch!]  You can also find me on the peta2 street team as F.A.R.

    Also while I am at it I will mention another branch off PETA, PETAKiDS, a branch of course appropriate in spreading the word of animal rights for younger kids.  So depending on your age or preference please check one of them out.  Also if you don't have money to spare like myself [a jobless college kid] you can always contact PETA and ask for them to send you some promotional information and they will gladly send you some awesome stickers and information!

    So I noticed this first blog entry is more boring and a little lengthier then I would have liked it to be.  But I promise it will get better [without the talk of blogging and with more multimedia etc] so it would be great if you stuck around and followed ffb.  I will also be tweaking with the layout and design of the blog still. [I tried to make it decent looking before I posted at all] Leave a comment, contact me by e-mail [farfarblog@gmail.com], like the ffb facebook page, and spread the word.  Comments, questions and suggestions are all appreciated and trolling will be ignored and deleted!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment