Friday, August 5, 2011

growing up with companion animals

    I would say one of the main reasons I love animals so much today is that I have always grown up around them.  So today I wanted to show you and tell you a little bit about our current companion animals.



    This is Auggie, he is currently our only dog.  We got him when he was a young puppy, our neighbors dog had one puppy, Toby.  We change his name to Auggie after the cartoon character Augie Doggie.  Auggie is like 10 years already old.  I love him like a little brother.



    This is Snickers our oldest cat.  We adopted her from the local animal shelter when she was kitten.  Along with a white kitten, who we called Kit Kat, he was deaf and ended up disappearing after we had him for a few years.  They were obviously named after candy bars.  Our cats are indoor and outdoor cats, we live in the country, and they go inside and outside whenever they want.  Snickers is actually a jerk most of the time haha, but she can also be really sweet.  She is also like 12 years old so that might be why she gets in her cranky moods too.



    This is George.  We got him from one of my mom's friends.  We are guessing someone dropped him off at her house because they have other barn cats.  George was really friendly and always wanted to be around people and he would sneak inside.  My mom's friend didn't want an indoor cat though so we ended up taking him.  Snickers and him don't really get along.  We named him after Curious George the cartoon monkey.  That is because he always is opening the cupboards and climbing inside, etc.  George is only a few years old.


    The last companion animal of mine I currently have is 'Stache he is the little orange fish in the above picture.  My boyfriend gave me the fish for a Christmas present.  The big eyed fish has died [RIP].  First 'Stache's tank was in my room and I think from the lack of sun he gained brown coloring which is where his name came from, it looked like he had a moustache at first.  Since then I have moved his tank upstairs so he gets more sunlight and he has lost his brown coloring again.

    If you would like to see more pictures of our current companion animals, and companion animals that have passed away, or other animals that have had an effect on my life please check out my photobucket. [Both of the photo albums are still works in progress]  If you would like to know any more information about our companion animals feel free to ask.

    Also just a side note I have started another DeviantART account,  I might not get art work up right away but it is there if you wish to watch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment